BRITON BTP 304 – BTP 404 is a range of trunk piston engine oils developed for use in medium speed diesel engines burning residual fuels. BRITON BTP 304 – BTP 404 combines an exclusive formulation of latest additive technologies and a highly refined base oil to provide a substantial safety margin to cope with the higher stress levels even with the latest and future designs of diesel engines.
- Highly rated medium speed diesel engines used in marine and stationary power generation applications, burning heavy fuel oil with various qualities and Sulphur contents.
- Particularly suitable for low or very low oil consumption engines operating with a poor quality residual fuel.
- Bearings and stern-tubes.
- Reduction gear lubrication.
- Reduced build-up heavy deposits in the engine leading to a reduction in maintenance costs.
- Excellent resistance to the negative effects of contamination with residual fuel.
- Excellent thermal resistance and high temperature oxidation resistance.
- Excellent control of viscosity increase leading to reduced top-ups.
- Very good water resistance to maintain the engine performance and to remove the water rapidly after water ingress.
- Very good wear protection and very good oil film strength at extreme pressures.
|Density at 15 °C||ISO 3675||Kg/m3||910||910|
|Kinematic Viscosity 40°C||ISO 3104||mm2 /s||112||140|
|Kinematic Viscosity 100°C||ISO 3104||mm2 /s||12||14|
|Flash Point (COC) ASTM D 92||ASTM D 92||°C||>or=230||>or=230|
|Pour Point||ISO 3016||°C||-9||-9|
|BN (ex TBN)||ASTM D 2896||mgKOH/g||40||40|
|See also different:|| |